Laproscopy is a gold standard for the treatment of infertility and is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. It uses a laproscope ( a fibre-optic tube with light and video camera) inserted through two or more minor incisons, often in the belly button. The surgeon can then visually examine the pelvic reproductive organs and abdominal organs, can diagnose the cause for infertility and at the same time treatment can be done.
The procedure may be performed under general anesthesia and typically take 10 minutes. The abdomen is inflated with gas( carbon dioxide injected with needle) to move the organs away from the abdominal wall so that they are visible during the procedure.
Once the abdomen is inflated, the laparoscope is inserted through the small incisions. The surgeon views the interior of the pelvic cavity on a video screen transmitting the images from the camera.
The surgeon will look for possible causes of infertility.
Causes of Infertility
If any problems this becomes an operative laparoscopy, the small surgical instruments are manipulated through the laparoscope or another small incision point. The surgeon can remove scar tissue, fibroids or endometrial tissue that has incorrectly implanted outside the uterus. The surgeon cuts tissue or removes it with a laser beam or electric current(electrocautery). In case of any large tumour, no need to open the abdomen, we have special instrument called Marcilator. The tumour can be cut into pieces removed through small incision. The surgeon closes the incision in the abdomen with a few stitches. There is usually little or no scarring.
Advantage of Laparoscopy is
- Less stay in the hospital
- Less post-operative pain
- Less anaesthetic time
- Less anaesthesia.
Laparoscopic Infertility procedures are done at our hospital at a package rate.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic PCOD Drilling
- Laparoscopic Chocolate Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic salpingostomy or salpingectomy for Ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopic ovarian mass removal.
- Laproscopic tubal reversal.
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation for Hydrosalpinx
- Laproscopic Werthimes Hystectomy for Carcinoma cervix.
- Staging Laprotomy and pelvic lymph adenectomy for caracinoma Ovary Carcinoma uterus.
Following Gynaecology procedure done at our hospital at package rate:
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy (Bilateral salphingo Oophenectomy)
- Laparoscopic-assisted vaginal Hysterectomy(Bilateral salphingo Oophenectomy)
- Laparoscopic tubectomy.